Back to Blog
Seafood Takeover: Shrimp Lollipops with Sriracha Lemon Aioli
The chefs from Keller’s at Cape Girardeau shared this tasty seafood appetizer that is sure to be a hit at your next gathering! You'll be surprised how simple and fun these little guys are to make… and eat!
Shrimp Tempura Lollipops with Sriracha Lemon Aioli
Recipe Makes 5 Servings
- 16 white jumbo shrimp, peeled & deveined, raw
- Wooden skewers
- 1 C. Tempura batter
- 1 C. Water
- 1/4 C. Chives, chopped
1. Skewer shrimp by inserting skewer through the tail end. Push the skewer through the head end as well. To make sure shrimp is secure, pull the tail end up and over the head end and skewer again, creating a ball form.
2. In a skillet or deep fryer, add at least one inch of cooking oil. Preheat oil to 350 degrees.
3. In a mixing bowl, add tempura batter and water. Whisk until all lumps are gone, and batter is light and fluffy.
4. Add chives to the batter mixture.
5. Dip skewered shrimp in tempura batter until fully coated.
6. Fry two skewers at a time for 3-5 minutes or until the outside is golden.
- 1 C. Mayonnaise
- 1/2 C. Honey
- 1/4 C. Sriracha
- 1/4 C. Lime juice
- 1/2 T. Sesame oil
1. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
2. Serve alongside shrimp lollipops for dipping.