Back to Blog
7 Ways to Enjoy a Lazy Sunday
It’s the end of the week and you have nothing to do. In a society where everyone is used to being constantly on-the-go, a lazy day may seem strange. But having nothing to do may not be a bad thing. You need a day of the week to relax. Going full steam ahead every day of the week will have you burning out in no time. Below is a list of seven things you can do on a lazy Sunday to recharge your batteries and get you ready for the week to come.
1. Read a good book or magazine: Reading is not only a good pastime, it has been shown to improve cognitive function and relieve stress. Emails don’t count. Reading only work-related items won't engage your brain or help you unwind like a gripping novel will. Get lost in a good story and enter into another dimension.
2. Gentle exercise: While most people take Sundays off when it comes to exercising, it’s actually a good idea to still move your body. A stroll through the park, or 30 minutes of yoga, allows you to get the health benefits from exercise without straining your body. Exercise also translates to a better night’s sleep, which is much needed for the new week.
3. Long soak in the tub: Melt the weekly stress away by taking a hot soak in a tub. Not only will it help your muscles relax, your mind will relax as well. Make your bath even more relaxing by listening to calming music, adding salts to the water and lighting candles.
4. Take up a new hobby: If you’ve always wanted to learn a new craft, or some other talent, set aside time each Sunday to do it. Not only will it be rewarding, but it can be a great way to take your mind off of everyday stress as you tap into learning something new.
5. Catch up with a friend or family member: The week becomes busy for everyone. Sunday is a great day to catch up with a friend or family member as they're likely to be free as well. Your loved one will appreciate you thinking of them and wanting to keep in touch.
6. Movie/TV marathon: If you missed your favorite show during the week, use Sunday to catch up and binge watch all of the episodes you missed. It’s also a great day to watch a movie you may have missed in theaters. Snuggle up on the couch with a few good snacks, and you’ll feel relaxed in no time.
7. Let someone else cook for you: Instead of cooking a big Sunday meal for the family, consider going out to eat. You can relax knowing that you don’t have to break your back cooking, or cleaning up after everyone leaves. Or stop by Keller’s at Isle® Casino Cape Girardeau. On Sundays from 4-9 p.m., you can have dinner with a view. While eating, you take in the scene as you dine front-row by the Mississippi River. The menu includes steak, seafood, chicken and ribs. The Sunday Special also includes everything you’ll need from the starter course to dessert.
Regardless if you stay home or decide to go out, make sure your Sunday is a lazy day. There’s nothing worse than having a high-stress day which will have your week beginning on the wrong foot. Life is a pendulum. You can’t keep yourself running ragged or you will burn out. Use Sunday as your day to let the pendulum swing back the other way.